Who Can Benefit
Individuals Who Sit For Long Periods
Individuals Who Travel For Work
Goals of Compression Socks
- Reduce discomfort and pain.
- Restore blood flow to the heart.
- Reduce or prevent edema.
- Reduce swelling.
- Minimizing the chance of varicose veins.
- Varicose Veins
- Travel (plane or long car ride)
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Tired or achy legs
- Post venous insufficiency
- Lower leg venous ulcers
- Post Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Lower Leg swelling
When To Avoid Use
Compression stockings may need to be avoided if any of the following conditions are present:
- Arterial insufficiency (PAD- Peripheral Arterial Disease), intermittent claudication, ischemia
- Active skin infection
- Allergies to latex
- Weeping Dermatosis
- Uncontrolled congestive heart failure
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Immobility (confinement to a bed)
- Impaired sensation of the limbs
- Diabetes (with impaired sensation of the limbs)
20 mmHg to 30 mmHg and 30 mmHg to 40 mmHg
Compression stockings of 20 mmHg or higher need to be prescribed by a physician annually. The socks provide firm support and comfort for all day wear. They are used for the treatment of various medical conditions, including:
- Varicose veins and venous stasis ulcers
- Mild or severe edema
- In combination with elective surgical procedures such as sclerotherapy and phlebectomy
- Treating orthostatic/postural hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
8 mmHg to 15 mmHg and 15 mmHg to 20 mmHg
Use includes general comfort and all-day support for those with tired and achy legs without underlying conditions. A physician’s script is not required for purchase.
Compression Sock Styles
Knee High Compression Socks
Are available in many styles and thicknesses, they range from thick cushion cotton socks to thin ultra-sheer pantyhose material.
Thigh High Compression Garments
Used when full leg compression is required on 1 or both legs. Silicone bands are used to minimize slippage.
Pantyhose / Maternity Garments
Are the product of choice for clients when full leg support is required bilaterally.
Looking for more information about compression socks?
Check out our informational brochures!
Jobst Soft Fit
With JOBST SoftFit, we empower you to jump into a new level of comfort with stockings that stay in place. JOBST SoftFit technology uses a fine silicone yarn knitted into the top band that keeps the socks in place without digging into your skin while continuing to provide discomfort relief.