Who Can Benefit
Individuals Who Sit For Long Periods
Individuals Who Travel For Work
Goals of Compression Socks
- Reduce discomfort and pain.
- Restore blood flow to the heart.
- Reduce or prevent edema.
- Reduce swelling.
- Minimizing the chance of varicose veins.
- Varicose Veins
- Travel (plane or long car ride)
- Prolonged sitting or standing
- Tired or achy legs
- Post venous insufficiency
- Lower leg venous ulcers
- Post Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Lower Leg swelling
When To Avoid Use
Compression stockings may need to be avoided if any of the following conditions are present:
- Arterial insufficiency (PAD- Peripheral Arterial Disease), intermittent claudication, ischemia
- Active skin infection
- Allergies to latex
- Weeping Dermatosis
- Uncontrolled congestive heart failure
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Immobility (confinement to a bed)
- Impaired sensation of the limbs
- Diabetes (with impaired sensation of the limbs)
20 mmHg to 30 mmHg and 30 mmHg to 40 mmHg
Compression stockings of 20 mmHg or higher need to be prescribed by a physician annually. The socks provide firm support and comfort for all day wear. They are used for the treatment of various medical conditions, including:
- Varicose veins and venous stasis ulcers
- Mild or severe edema
- In combination with elective surgical procedures such as sclerotherapy and phlebectomy
- Treating orthostatic/postural hypotension, a form of low blood pressure
8 mmHg to 15 mmHg and 15 mmHg to 20 mmHg
Use includes general comfort and all-day support for those with tired and achy legs without underlying conditions. A physician’s script is not required for purchase.
Compression Sock Styles
Knee High Compression Socks
Are available in many styles and thicknesses, they range from thick cushion cotton socks to thin ultra-sheer pantyhose material.
Thigh High Compression Garments
Used when full leg compression is required on 1 or both legs. Silicone bands are used to minimize slippage.
Pantyhose / Maternity Garments
Are the product of choice for clients when full leg support is required bilaterally.
Jobst Soft Fit
With JOBST SoftFit, we empower you to jump into a new level of comfort with stockings that stay in place. JOBST SoftFit technology uses a fine silicone yarn knitted into the top band that keeps the socks in place without digging into your skin while continuing to provide discomfort relief.